Thursday, December 9, 2010

SPOTLIGHT ON - House Of Fur Series

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



House Of Fur Volume 1:

I was extremely excited about doing this series of mixes. I have wanted to do something more related to just pure house music without all the frills so I came up with this concept. The first installment of this series I really wanted to create the feeling of being in a smaller club, sweaty bodies, shirts off & lots of heavy dancing. I didnt really have any inspiration from other djs or producers for this mix but I did take from the elements of tribal house as a cherry on top. I knew going into this series I wanted to make this a staple of my podcast, I am glad I took the chance to make this happen.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic



House Of Fur Volume 2:

So coming into the second volume of this project I wanted to fall away from the tribal elements and go more into soulful house. Lots of great elements of this mix were inspired from 90s house that got me into DJing in the first place. Its hard to believe but when I first started DJing and remixing my biggest inspiration was disco house. I loved the feel of the wavy basslines over the snare and kick drums. I selected the tracks for this mix to create that same tight club feel from the first but expanding into more of a soul vibe than a tribal vibe.

Volume 3 will be coming out in January and I am not sure exactly where it will take me. I am sure the foundation of house will be there but where will I draw inspiration? Electro? Dubstep? Progressive? Speed Garage? LOL who knows.. I guess you will have to stay tuned to see where the House Of Fur travels to next!

Thanks and keep dancin!

No comments:

Post a Comment